Setting up automation for beginners
Setting up an automation in ShopMagic, such as an automatic email, is easy! Here’s a short guide, how to create the automation.
In our example, we will create an automation to notify the user about order refund. By creating this automation you will save a lot of time. Instead of sending a lot of emails manually, ShopMagic will do this for you, every time when the automation's conditions are met.
- Find ShopMagic at the side-menu of a WordPress dashboard. Click Add new (1).
- You will see a window, where we will set Event (2), Filter (3) and Action (4). There's also a place to name the automation at the top of the page (5).
- Click on the dropdown menu near Event. Choose Order refunded, because as you remember, we are creating automation for the refund. Optional tip: Consider Rechecking order status before run to be sure, that order status did not change in the meantime.
- In our example, we will not assign Filter, because our goal is to set a global automation, which will work for all products in the store.
- Now it is time to select an Action. You can choose from many variants, but for the sake of this guide we will pick Send email.
- Fill the email form. If you have any trouble, check the Getting Started article, where all of the fields are deeply explained.
- Click Publish button, which is located at the top-right corner of the WordPress dashboard.
- That’s it! Your automation is set and will work for every order refund in your store.